January 4, 2012

This Is Just Saying

My feet are a bit cold. I did not ask for it but was surprised with it, rather. 


I ate 
the ice cream 
that was on 
the counter

which 
you were probably 
saving 
for sundaes. 

Forgive me, 
it was delicious.
I only left
a spoonful.
Ahh, to misremember poems. I just checked, and I got the basic structure right on that one. I remember the words to the original but was not completely sure of the structure. I have not actually, to sound like a pompous asshole, composed any verse in a long while. Maybe I should do that relatively soon. I miss my love affair with words and my ongoing tussle with the muse.

Comparatively, Miami's bridges have neon lights shining on them.

So, I am in this interesting situation as of late. I am so prone to hesitation in this area of things. It ever clouds my decisions--that, and plain apprehension. Though, yesterday, I watched True Grit and it underlined my thought process on the need to be headstrong while also leading with the heart. The juste milieu yet again. This song sort of came out of that. Oh, and adding bells automatically makes this sound happy, right? Great aside!: I had the window open recording this and got a great field recording of leaves blowing on the concrete. I did not realize how much I missed that sound.

Grit
Call it fate. Call it what you will. Just look at the things it brought to you--like the chance to feel safe again. It's laid bare. All you have to do is share your life, so, don't be scared. Can you take what's given to you and make it grow roots? All the time spent comes back to you. All the grit and grime under your nails is just another detail of what you've made. So, once it's set, let's move like snails. So, let me tell you how it is. When the table's empty and you feel hungry, I'll be there to fix it. And, if you don't feel lovely, then I've got a bone to pick with you. You must not see what I always do.

I wanted to post a good portrait. I failed.

I guess this is as good a way to start with the new year.
No clanking of crystal. Just a tune.
Love
tm

1 comment: