January 27, 2012

A Coat

I made my song a coat
Covered with embroideries
Out of old mythologies
From heel to throat;
But the fools caught it,
Wore it in the world's eyes
As though they'd wrought it.
Song, let them take it,
For there's more enterprise
In walking naked.

I keep my books by the bed and reread that Yeats poem yesterday. Just thought I would share--not that I feel it is applicable to what I am doing here. So, in lieu of my boring life, I will post three pictures instead of two.


I started out making this next track because I told myself I wanted to be consistent and productive. In other words, something that I wanted to do. However, it probably ended up just being something that I needed to do. That does not make it any more or less enjoyable for you, or for me. Probably just something that I needed to tell myself. Plus, I am playing more and more piano--even if it is out of necessity. Oh, and I used my chest as a bass drum--i.e. I hit myself too hard.. too many times.

Affirmation
What's real and what's fake? And, what happens when you can't decide? What you feel is what's at stake when it's all left inside. So, you sit around and don't push the issue. You just debate and self-doubt.. but know the outcomes. When the moment reaches climax and it hits you, know you'll react then move on. So, just keep calm.
Grab it by the throat, take hold. Don't let go. It's your destiny. Don't be the one that's choked. Be the one who shows what you know is meant to be.
If you sit still and don't take what you've worked for all this time, it's a dream killed when you wake; so, be a man and don't let it slide.


So.
More later.
Love,
tm

No comments:

Post a Comment