December 22, 2011

The Veriest Charlie Brown, Linus.

Hanukkah started last night and Christmas is right around the corner. The holidays are upon us. I would probably be lying if I said I was super happy to be spending them in Miami--is asking for a little snow just too much? Though, I do enjoy the prospect of being able to go to the beach on Christmas day if I am so inclined. That would be a first. Well, it might not... I did live in Hawaii when I was a child; so, it is pretty probably that I spent a Christmas on or near a beach. Damn, there goes the first for everything column.
Interjection: this cat really wants to clean my beard... ALL the time.
My favorite thing about this time of year is a combination of things really: winter clothes, snow, breathing really deep through  your nose just to feel the cold air, a red nose on a girl, and the old style Christmas lights at night. I have to admit, though, there is probably more than that.

So, I suppose that I should post more than one song to commemorate the two holidays. Sadly, I am not going to do a Hanukkah song. Instead, I will post an ambient instrumental I did that sounds awfully drenched in a certain culture.
Uta Ichiban
The other, is my hurried and probably off kilter attempt, thanks to you mr. drink, of a Charlie Brown Classic:
Christmastime Is Here
Maybe, sometime soon, I will finish one of those actual songs that I have been working on, but, until then I guess you will have to make due with this.
Love
tm

1 comment: