November 4, 2010

With You

" A few seconds more and the Negress will sing. It seems inevitable, so strong is the necessity of this music: nothing can interrupt it, nothing which comes from this time in which the world has fallen; it will stop of itself, as if by order. If I love this beautiful voice it is especially because of that: it is neither for its fulness nor its sadness, rather because it is the event for which so many notes have been preparing, from so far away, dying that it might be born. And yet I am troubled; it would take so little to make the record stop: a broken spring, the whim of Cousin Adolphe. How strange it is, how moving that this hardness should be so fragile. Nothing can interrupt it yet all can break it.
The last chord has died away. In the brief silence which follows I feel strongly that there it is, that something has happened.
Silence.
Some of these days
You'll Miss me Honey."
~Sartre from "Nausea"
So, I did this next one in so little time that it is probably terrible; however, it is the first one that I have actually done lyrics for and sang on in a long time. I know I am not that great of a singer. I am aware of my out drift in and out of tune, yes. Oh well. I'll add the lyrics for clarity..

With You
I don’t wanna be afraid of everything we need to say. like how I shouldn't hide from the idea that I’m gonna die. And I know I shouldn’t fear something that happens when I am not here but that spot of matted grass; it once was cold and will be again when you are old. I won’t be there to share it with you. I won’t be there to share it with you..

I’d rather find which shade in the sky would compliment your eyes best. Instead, I’m cementing everything about that color and holding on. Moments cheek to cheek, they’ll be fading fast and fleet just don’t let them be your everything because I won’t be there to share it with you. I won’t be there to share it with you.

Anyway,
It is time for a ride in the rain to work.
Love.
more very soon.
promise.

1 comment:

  1. next time, make sure one of the loops doesn't clip so much.. geez.

    ReplyDelete