November 23, 2010

Language about the dead is stylistically quite distinct from language about the living.

So, this week is that tradition where we offer up thanks for that which aids us in our lives. I am pretty thankful that I am able to hear music in the way that I do. I will listen to a song and only pay attention to one single part for most of the song: latching on to a single piece and enjoying it. The rest of the song sort of fades out when I do that which is amazing I think: the power of concentration. Anyway, I love taking something that is organic in sound and turning it into that which is electronic. It sort of reminds me of how I listen to songs sometimes. I will play something on guitar and then crush it in sound until certain parts pop more than others and that same melody becomes different or filter another line with a bit of delay to produce something entirely different.
I probably deconstruct too many things, oh well. What is wrong with understanding how the parts interact with themselves, others, and the whole?
I have a seven hour day today and I stayed up way too late watching Wall Street Money Never Sleeps (which was unspectacular). I did, however, watch The Killer Inside Me and was completely horrified by the nature of the sociopathic character portrayed by Casey Affleck: crazy but gentlemanly polite and observing. Anyway,
8bits and Pieces

Love,
tm

No comments:

Post a Comment