June 15, 2011

To be the carrier of a load which was his own self.

I have been thinking about posture a lot lately. I know that is odd but I guess standing on my feet all the time sort of pushes the thought. I notice older people as they start to hunch forward--turtle over if you will. It instills this sort of preventative fear in me, I think. I do not want that. I suppose morning yoga will be on the agenda more often.
I need to go to the beach soon. It seems to be calling my name. I have a book that needs finishing and relaxing to do. Maybe if it is nice tomorrow I will do that since I have tomorrow off and my soldier will fend off the birds.
But, instead of needing a parasol on the way home from work tonight, its brother, le parapluie, was nearly necessary. Which makes it all the more fitting that I decide to post this one. It is from the unfinished New England ep that I was working on at the end of last year. I picked up my cousin's guitar and played it yesterday and relearned it (it has been forever since I have played too because my fingers were sore). I almost wanted to add more to it and re-record it, but I think it will take away from the sound it has. It has this cheap but warm bedroom feel that I cannot reproduce without that microphone I was using there (need to get that soon).
Anyway, it sounds like a breakup song, or something of the sort; but, I like to think of it as an existential realization song. Someone coming to terms with a change of self. But it's pretty much just about how I rode my bike to work and it always seemed to be raining.

Always Raining

No posting of lyrics this time. But, do you think I should add more? Is it too short or feel unfinished? (I have that fear a lot: wondering if it needs more or is unfinished).
Anyway,
love
tm

No comments:

Post a Comment